You might be surprised to learn that these products are not just for aesthetic purposes!
When most people think of dental services, Botox and fillers like Juvéderm rarely come to mind. Many see these as exclusively cosmetic treatments, while dentists provide more functional services. Yet not only are dentists no strangers to cosmetic care, but there are clear dental benefits to applying Botox in the right places.
Plus, given their specialized understanding of facial nerves and aesthetics, no one is better qualified than your local dentist to provide these enhancements. For these reasons, Arkansas Family Dentistry is now offering Botox and fillers.
The Benefits of Botox
Botox is short for “botulin toxin,” a substance produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium. If injected in very small quantities, Botox blocks the transmission of acetylcholine, a type of neurotransmitter that links nerves with muscle cells. By blocking this neurotransmitter, Botox stops muscle cells from contracting, causing them to become less stiff.
Making muscles less stiff has a number of benefits, the most widely known of which is wrinkle removal. While Arkansas Family Dentistry is happy to use it for this purpose, the substance also has a number of other effects that are more directly related to dental health, namely:
1. Pain reduction – Botox can prevent painful muscle contractions. This in turn may make patients less likely to grind their teeth, removing a common source of dental damage.
2. Muscle training – For some orthodontic patients, dentists have to retrain their facial muscles. Botox allows them to do this more easily.
3. Denture adjustment – For patients with missing teeth, Botox can be used to help them adjust to their dentures.
Arkansas Family Dentistry never ignores an opportunity to improve the quality of our dental care. Naturally, we are happy to incorporate Botox into our services.
Dermal fillers are substances used to fill out and define the face. Here at Arkansas Family Dental, we use the filler Juvéderm, which is made from hyaluronic acid, a safe substance that already exists in your skin. Dermal fillers can:
- Smooth out frown lines, as well as wrinkles around the upper lip, between the nose and mouth, and between the mouth and chin.
- Make the lips, cheeks, and cheekbones fuller and more defined.
- Enhance the space under the eyes.
Dermal fillers are often ideal after a cosmetic dental procedure. The effects of the filler will complement the dental work, matching bright, clean teeth with full lips and a youthful face. Because our dentists have extensive experience with facial injections and understand the nuances of facial beauty, we are in the perfect position to provide enhancements like these.
In addition to dermal fillers and Botox, Arkansas Family Dental offers a full range of cosmetic, preventative, restorative, and emergency dental care. Our goal is to give you a beautiful smile through dentistry, orthodontics, and now through cosmetic injections. For more information about how Botox and fillers might benefit you, give us a call today at (501) 683-8886.
Leave a Reply