If you have not used your dental insurance benefits this year, time is running out. Call your Little Rock dentist and schedule an appointment before it’s too late.
The cost of quality dental care can sometimes be startling. One way to assist in reducing the cost of dental care is by having a dental insurance plan. Dental insurance plans assist you by paying a portion of the fees associated with your dental treatment in exchange for a monthly premium. The plans typically allow for a maximum yearly benefit—usually between $1,000 and $2,000—which is available to be paid toward covered treatments. This yearly benefit must be used by the end of the plan year, usually December 31, or it may expire.
A few plans allow you to rollover a small portion of the unused amount at the end of the plan year, but these plans are rare. If you haven’t scheduled your teeth cleaning for the year, or you have met your deductible and need some dental work done, use your dental insurance benefits now before they expire.
Do You Need to Use Your Benefits?
Many people unwittingly throw hundreds of dollars away each year by not maximizing their dental insurance benefits. When you don’t use your dental insurance benefits every year, you are essentially losing money you paid for your dental insurance premium. In addition to losing money, you could also experience changes to your coverage by your insurance provider. This could mean higher co-pays or term changes next year if you don’t utilize the insurance plan you already have.
Most insurance policies cover one or two routine dental check-ups a year, plus X-rays. Some even substantially cover certain procedures (like cavity fillings or crowns). By using your benefits and going to the dentist for regular cleanings, you can stay healthy and even avoid dental problems such as gum disease or tooth decay. Treating these problems early helps prevent them from causing other health issues and becoming much more expensive to treat, even with dental insurance.
How to Use Your Benefits
Your dental insurance benefits should cover preventative dental care, including teeth cleanings and exams, as well as other types of services. Depending on the coverage you have, you might be able to get help paying for cosmetic procedures or restorative services. Before scheduling an appointment for dental services in Little Rock, look over your plan or call your dental insurance provider to find out the following:
- Covered dental procedures. Make sure that the treatment you can plan on receiving is included on your dental plan, or you will have to pay out-of-pocket to cover the partial or entire cost of these services.
- Your deductible. Find out the amount of your deductible. Your deductible is the amount of money you have to pay out-of-pocket before insurance coverage kicks in. For example, if your deductible is $500, you would have to pay this amount in dental care before you can use your benefits. If you have met your deductible, now is the time to get extra care you may need for the year.
- Coverage amount. Find out how much your co-pay is for office visits, as well as what percentage of the cost is covered for the care you will be receiving. This varies widely from plan to plan, so find out what you can expect to pay based on the type of plan you have.
Ways to Use Your Benefits
Depending on the services that are included in your insurance plan, you can use your benefits to cover the following dental services in Little Rock:
- Preventative care. This includes cleanings and exams, which you should be getting once or twice a year. Routine checkups help ensure that your teeth and gums stay healthy. Fluoride treatments and dental sealants are also great options for protecting your teeth.
- Restorative care. This includes getting crowns, bridges, dentures, and other treatments that restore or replace damaged or missing teeth.
- Cosmetic care. This can include teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, and dental implants designed to improve the appearance of your teeth.
If you need dental services in Little Rock, contact Arkansas Family Dental at 501-683-8886. We offer affordable dental care through approved dental insurance providers and payment options to help you get the treatment you need!