For much of the history of orthodontics in Little Rock, braces had a monopoly on teeth straightening. If you wanted to fix crooked teeth, you had to have a series of metal wires installed in your mouth. But with the rise of Invisalign and other innovative straightening methods, you now have a choice in how you correct these dental issues.
Few new methods have attracted more attention than Six Month Smiles, a method that is notable for being both quick and largely invisible. When looking to straighten your teeth, it is worth your while to compare the benefits of Six Month Smiles to those of traditional braces.
The Advantages of Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles offer a myriad of benefits compared to traditional methods, including:
- Speed – Whereas braces take years to achieve their full effect, Six Month Smiles can do the job in, well, six months. This makes them ideal if you are straightening your teeth in advance of a wedding, speaking engagement, or other event in the near future.
- Invisibility – Traditional braces leave highly noticeable wires all over your mouth, but Six Month Smiles are largely undetectable. You and your friends likely would not notice anything at all, if not for the fact that your teeth were becoming straighter.
- Flexibility & Accessibility – Six Month Smiles can be customized to work for patients of any age and with a wide range of mild-to-moderate orthodontic issues. You also do not need to get them from an orthodontist; any qualified dentist in Little Rock can install them.
With these benefits in mind, Six Month Smiles may well be the most effective and pleasant solution for your particular mouth. You should always consider them when addressing crooked teeth.
The Benefits of Traditional Braces
For all the advantages of Six Month Smiles, there are still many situations where it is better to get braces Little Rock. Consider:
- Capability – Six Month Smiles only work for relatively minor orthodontic issues. For severely crooked teeth, braces are the way to go.
- Comprehensiveness – Besides being able to deal with severe orthodontic issues, braces are better suited for a broader range of problems. Six Month Smiles, for example, do not do much to fix your bite, but braces have no trouble addressing this.
- Durability – Braces are less likely to break over the course of your treatment than Six Month Smiles are. This makes them a better bet if you play sports or engage in other activities that present a risk of injury.
Arkansas Family Dental offers you the information and expertise you need to choose between braces, Six Month Smiles, and all other orthodontic options. For more information on repairing your smile in Little Rock, visit our website or call us today at (501) 683-8886.