If you’re weighing the pros and cons of a professional teeth whitening treatment in Little Rock, look to your dentist at Arkansas Family Dental for expert advice.
It’s no secret that beautiful white teeth are the essence of a wonderful smile. But teeth darken naturally with age, and habits like smoking and drinking coffee or tea cause staining. So it is no surprise that whitening methods are one of the most searched for health topics on the Internet.
Today there are a multitude of teeth whitening products on the market. Most involve some form of adhesive strips, applicator pens, special pastes, or uncomfortable oral appliances. Research has shown that the results from using these over-the-counter whitening products are mixed at best. You can try several different products and spend a lot of money, and still come away disappointed. This is why dentists recommend professional teeth whitening treatments to achieve results quickly, safely, and effectively.
Why You Should Choose Professional Teeth Whitening
Having your teeth professional whitened at your dentist’s office is the best choice. This is because when you compare this type of treatment with those offered over-the-counter, the benefits are clear:
- Effectiveness – Over-the-counter products simply cannot compare to the effectiveness of the methods your dentist can use. Dramatic results can be achieved in as little as 45 minutes with innovative technology like Zoom whitening.
- Safety – The chemicals used in whiteners can damage and irritate your teeth and gums if used incorrectly. Your dentist can assess your personal requirements and adjust the treatment accordingly.
- Results – Professional teeth whitening will last much longer than OTC treatments. That saves you money and inconvenience in the long run.
- Care – Your dentist can assess your personal situation, and give you invaluable advice on how to keep your teeth looking their best once you leave the office.
The Benefits of Zoom Whitening Technology
Arkansas Family Dental utilizes the Zoom whitening system, one of the latest and most effective systems available. It uses safe and effectively-proven bleaching agents in appropriate concentrations to directly whiten your teeth. We recommend this system for several reasons:
- It allows your dentist to customize a treatment plan just for you. This is important, because one of the biggest side effects of treatment is tooth sensitivity. With Zoom whitening, your dentist can control the amount of whitening agent depending on your sensitivity levels.
- Zoom contains the desensitizing agents potassium nitrate and amorphous calcium phosphate. This results in 99% of patients feeling little to no sensitivity following treatment.
- The Zoom whitening system also features optional take home treatments to keep your smile looking its best between office visits.
If you’re interested in getting your teeth professionally whitened in Little Rock, schedule an appointment with Arkansas Family Dental. You can also contact the practice at 501.683.8886 to learn more about ways we can keep your smile looking beautiful and healthy.