Your children’s healthy dental habits are dependent upon their understanding of oral care and an established routine. A little fun and products made specifically for children can go a long way in their dental care education.
As an adult, you understand the importance of taking care of your teeth and maintaining a healthy smile. As a parent, you should know the importance of instilling the same values in your children. Not only does a healthy smile do wonders for a lifetime of self-confidence, but it also contributes to overall health. February is National Children’s Dental Health Month, and the perfect opportunity to learn more about dental health and ways to teach better dental habits to your kids. To keep them happy and healthy, we recommend these ten dental health products that are perfect for oral health education and developing healthy habits:
(1) MAM Oral Care Rabbit – Use this little hand puppet to massage your baby’s gums and growing teeth in order to promote early oral health, all while keeping the baby entertained.
(2) Mavala Stop – Children who have a habit of sucking their thumbs past early childhood can cause an abnormal alignment of their teeth. A tiny bit of Mavala Stop—a bitter but harmless enamel-colored liquid—can be placed in the bed of their fingernails in order to prevent the child from sucking their thumb.
(3) Plackers Flossers – Flossing is one of the most important tasks that one can do when it comes to maintaining healthy teeth and gums. However, children often have a difficult time using regular floss. Ready to use and easy to handle, Plackers flossers make it easier for children to floss.
(4) Listerine Agent Cool Blue Pre-Rinse – This pre-rinse turns the child’s teeth blue. In order to remove the blue tint, they will have to successfully brush every area of their teeth. This helps to reinforce positive behaviors as kids will be able to tell if they are doing a good job by how white their teeth look when they finish.
(5) Kids Sonicare Toothbrush – This electric toothbrush has several functional modes for different ages and also has a timer so that the child knows exactly how long he or she should brush.
(6) Toothbrush Timers – Teaching children the amount of time needed for a thorough brushing is very important. Toothbrush timers give them a visual reference while they brush, which allows them to monitor their own behavior and execute a good routine.
(7) Dental Sealants – A shocking 70 percent of American children are affected by tooth decay by the age of 19. Considering how much children love sweets and candy, this might not be too surprising. Dental sealants have long-term effectiveness when it comes to preventing tooth decay, and they can be reapplied at the dentist’s office through childhood and adulthood.
(8) Tooth Tissues – Tooth tissues are extremely soft and are perfect for babies and toddlers. Parents can use them daily to remove plaque from their child’s teeth and gums and help them develop healthy dental habits from an early age.
(9) Weleda Children’s Tooth Gel – This tooth gel is made from 100% organic and natural ingredients and contains no synthetic chemicals making it very safe for children to use.
(10) Omni Just for Kids Fluoride Gel – For preventing cavities, this product is perfect for kids that have a history of cavities or live in an area that does not have an optimum amount of fluoride in the water supply. It is available in a number of different flavors and should be applied for a full minute before rinsing and brushing.
Along with regularly scheduled dental checkups, these products will help promote oral healthcare at an early age that will last a lifetime. Your dental visits should be with professionals who have your family’s health and happiness as a top priority, like they are at Arkansas Family Dental. Schedule an appointment with Arkansas Family Dental today.
Leave a Reply