Insurance rarely pays for the types of cosmetic procedures you need to improve your smile, but alternative financing options can offer the dental solution you need.
Even if you have one of the best insurance plans available, cosmetic dental procedures are usually out of reach. Most dental insurance plans will only fully cover procedures deemed medically necessary by your cosmetic dentist in Little Rock. If the reason for your dental procedure is purely based on the appearance of your teeth, you will need to find other methods of funding it. Fortunately, there are several financing options for dental patients who want to turn the smile they have always dreamed about into a reality. The following information lists some of the most popular cosmetic procedures and explains how you can afford their life-changing results.
Common Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Cosmetic procedures fix crooked, stained, or otherwise imperfect teeth that do not negatively affect your ability to talk or eat. Some of the most common procedures performed by cosmetic dentists in Little Rock include:
- Teeth Straightening: For minor teeth straightening treatments, your dentist may prefer to use alignment trays, such as Invisalign, to quickly straighten your smile. Although this option is quick and easy when compared to traditional braces, you still need to pay for up to a year of visits and the alignment trays to achieve your new, straightened smile.
- Whitening: Professional whitening treatments offer lasting results that you simply cannot match with over-the-counter kits. While the cost of whitening treatments from a cosmetic dentist are higher than store-bought alternatives, you pay for safety and the reassurance that your smile will be brilliantly white. In addition to your initial whitening visits, you will regularly go back in for touch-up proceduresto maintain your ideal shade.
- Porcelain Veneers: If you are not a good candidate for whitening or straightening procedures, you may need to have porcelain veneers installed to improve your smile. Since the veneers are custom made and bonded to your teeth by hand, the costs for this procedure can quickly add up.
Financing Options for Cosmetic Procedures
If you do not have the credit or income history required for commercial credit accounts, you will need to consider financing options many dental patients use to cover their cosmetic dental procedure in full. These options can include:
- Patient Credit Accounts: These accounts open up a revolving line of credit you can use whenever you need cosmetic procedures performed right away. For this credit account, you will need to pay a portion of the balance and interest each month to avoid long-term debt. You do not usually need a well-established credit history to qualify for these limited-credit accounts.
- Discount Plans: You can sign up for a dental discount plan at a Little Rock cosmetic dentist’s office to enjoy a marked cost decrease. You will need to pay an annual premium plus a portion of the procedure cost when using this option. The plan may require a year commitment to lock in your savings at the optimal rate.
- Crowdfunding: Tap into your social network to cover the full or partial cost of your cosmetic procedure by holding a crowdfunding campaign. You can easily create and send your request for financial help by using a popular crowdfunding platform, such as GoFundMe. Regular updates will help your supporters keep up with your progress and celebrate your journey to a new smile and all the opportunities that come along with it.
If you are interested in financing options for dental patients, contact Arkansas Family Dental by calling 501-683-8886 and scheduling an appointment with one of our cosmetic dentists in Little Rock. Our professional staff can help you find a financing option that works for you.